Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Training
Get PMP certified and show the world your project management knowledge and experience.
Individuals who hold the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) credential demonstrate a proficient level of project management leadership skills, and as a result are able to obtain compensations that exceed those of their non-credentialed counterparts
To be eligible for a PMP credential, you must meet specific guidelines that objectively measure experience, education and professional knowledge and pass a rigorous multiple-choice examination that assesses your abilities in project management.
How to get PMP certified –
- Complete the online application with the Project Management Institute (PMI) (Scans / faxes not accepted).
- If your application successfully meets the eligibility requirements, you will receive an e-mail explaining how to schedule the exam.
- Successfully complete the exam.
- Individuals who attain a credential from PMI will be added to PMI’s Online Credential Registry and may immediately use the credential designation after their name.
How to apply for the PMP exam –
If you don’t meet the following criteria you may be eligible for a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification.
Applicants must have completed 35 hours of project management education.
- Take our 5-day project management course PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp to meet the education requirement. You’ll also receive your own copy of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), and 90-days of unlimited access to our online exam simulator with over 1000 questions and answers.
Professional Work Experience
To apply you must have one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree (or global equivalent) and a minimum of 3 years (4,500 hrs) spent leading and directing projects in the last 8 years
- A high school diploma (or global equivalent) and a minimum of 5 years (7,500 hrs) spent leading a project in the last 8 years
- 4 hours
- 200 multiple choice questions
- Visit the PMI website to apply and see pricing
PMP’s Continuing Certification Requirements –
Congratulations you’re a certified Project Management Professional (PMP)! To maintain your certification you need to earn a total of 60 professional development units (PDU) every 3 years. PDUs can be earned under the following categories:
To maintain your certification you need to earn a minimum of 35 PDUs through continued education. Many of ctc TrainCanada’s Project Management courses provide the PDUs you need. Of those you must have 8 PDUs in the following areas:
- Leadership, and
- Strategic and Business Management.
Once each section is filled the remaining PDUs can be in any for the 3 areas
You can earn a maximum of 25 PDUs for your work, volunteer, and knowledge sharing efforts over every 3-year cycle. Here are some additional restrictions.
- Up to 8 PDUs can be earned from work experience.
- Up to 17 PDUs can be earned from volunteering, and creating knowledge.