Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
If you are starting out in your project management career, distinguish yourself with a CAPM certification.
No matter what stage of your career you are in, a CAPM certification will be a distinguishing feature on your résumé and allow you to take the next step in your career. If you are interested in managing bigger projects, increasing your responsibility, and adding project management skills to your current role then becoming a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is right for you.
How to get CAPM certified –
- Submit an online application with the Project Management Institute (PMI) (Scans / faxes not accepted).
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, you will receive an e-mail explaining how to schedule the exam.
- Individuals who attain a credential from PMI will be added to PMI’s Online Credential Registry and may immediately use the credential designation after their name.
How to apply for the CAPM exam –
Potential candidates qualify to write this exam if they meet either of the two following prerequisites –
Applicants without professional project management experience can apply with at least 23 hours of project management education.
- Take our 3-day CAPM Exam Prep Boot Camp to quickly meet this requirement. You’ll also receive your own copy of PMI’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide and 90-day unlimited access to our online exam simulator with 1000’s of questions and explanations.
Professional Work Experience
Applicants can also qualify to write the exam if they meet the following two prerequisites –
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- A minimum of 1,500 hours of professional experience on a project team without project management education.
Exceed these requirements? Check the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
CAPM certification exam information –
- 3-hour exam
- 150 questions all multiple choice
- Uses the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition as its only source
- Visit the PMI website to apply and see pricing
How to maintain your CAPM certification –
Congratulations you’re a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)! To remain certified you must successfully retake the exam every 5 years.