Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
SP1601: SharePoint 2016 Site Members
Duration: 2 days
In many professional environments today, people work collaboratively in teams. Information technology and applications facilitate this by allowing people to easily share, access, edit, and save information. Microsoft® SharePoint® 2016 is a platform specifically designed to facilitate collaboration, allowing people to use familiar applications and Web-based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. In this course, you will learn about and use a SharePoint Team Site to access, store, and share information and documents.
SharePoint is a complex platform with many features and capabilities. A strong understanding of those features and capabilities will allow you to work more efficiently and effectively with SharePoint, and with the documents and data stored in SharePoint. Furthermore, effective use of new social networking capabilities will allow you to identify, track, and advance issues and topics most important to you, and collaborate with colleagues more effectively.
After this two days course, you will be able to use resources on a typical SharePoint Team Site in the course of performing normal business tasks.
- Interact with SharePoint Team Sites
- Work with documents, content, and libraries
- Interact in SharePoint
- Work with Lists
- Integrate SharePoint with Microsoft Office
This course is designed for Microsoft® Windows® and Microsoft® Office users who are transitioning to a SharePoint environment, and who need to access information from and collaborate with team members on a Microsoft SharePoint Team Site.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic end-user skills with Microsoft Windows 8 or later, and any or all of the Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016 suite components, plus basic competence with Internet browsing.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 or Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Any or all of the courses in the Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016 curriculum
Interacting with SharePoint Team Sites
- Fundamentals of SharePoint team site structure, versions, permissions
- Access SharePoint Sites
- Navigate SharePoint Sites
Working with Documents, Content, and Libraries
- Upload Documents
- Search for Documents and Content
Configuring Your SharePoint Profile
- Update and Share Your Profile
- Follow and Share Content
- Create a Blog
- Manage Blog Categories, Posts and Comments
Working with Lists
- Add List Items
- Modify List Items
- Create and Modify List Views
- Filter and Group Data with List Views
Integrating with Microsoft Office
- Access and Save Microsoft Office Documents with SharePoint
- Manage Document Versions
- Work with SharePoint Data from Outlook