Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
SP1301: SharePoint 2013 End Users/Site Members
Duration: 2 Days
In many professional environments today, people work collaboratively in teams. Information technology and applications facilitate this by allowing people to easily share, access, edit, and save information. Microsoft® SharePoint® 2013 is a platform specifically designed to facilitate collaboration, allowing people to use familiar applications and Web based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. In this course, you will learn about and use a SharePoint Team Site to access, store, and share information and documents.
SharePoint is a complex platform with many features and capabilities. A strong understanding of those features and capabilities will allow you to work more efficiently and effectively with SharePoint, and with the documents and data stored in SharePoint. Furthermore, effective use of new social networking capabilities will allow you to identify, track and advance issues and topics most important to you, and collaborate with colleagues more effectively.
Upon successful completion of this course, knowledge workers in a variety of business environments will be able to effectively utilize resources on a typical SharePoint Foundation team site in the course of performing normal business tasks.
- Access and navigate SharePoint content.
- Add, upload, modify, search for, and preview documents in document libraries.
- Add and modify items in lists, configure list views, and filter and group lists.
- Create and update your profile; tag, share, and follow content on your personal sites; and create and manage a personal blog.
- Access, create, save, and manage document versions and synchronize data with Microsoft Office applications.
- Synchronize SharePoint data, work offline, and access data from a mobile device.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office users who are transitioning to a SharePoint environment and will need to access information and collaborate with team members on a Microsoft SharePoint team site.
To ensure your success in this course you should have the following:
- Basic skills with Microsoft Windows
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Internet browsing
Accessing and Navigating SharePoint Team Sites
- Access SharePoint Sites
- Navigate SharePoint Sites
Working with Documents, Content, and Libraries
- Upload Documents
- Search for Documents and Files
Working with Lists
- Add List Items
- Modify List Items
- Configure List Views
- Filter and Group with List Views
Configuring Your SharePoint Profile
- Update and Share Your Profile Information
- Share and Follow SharePoint Content
- Create a Blog
Integrating with Microsoft Office
- Access and Save SharePoint Documents with Microsoft Office
- Manage Document Versions through Office 2013
- Access SharePoint Data from Outlook 2013
Working Offline and Remotely with SharePoint
- Synchronize Libraries, Sites, and MySite and Working Offline
- Work from a Mobile Device