Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
SP1002: SharePoint 2010 for Site Owners
You will manage site collections and site components as a site collection administrator and as a site administrator.
This course is designed for individual contributors or departmental staff in a variety of job roles, such as administrative assistants, functional or operations managers, with basic SharePoint skills, and who have the responsibility for managing SharePoint sites as an enabling technology within their workgroups, not necessarily IT tech professionals.
The following course or equivalent experience is required:
- Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2010: Level 1
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Brand a site collection.
- Manage lists in a site collection.
- Manage document libraries.
- Manage form libraries.
- Manage content structures in a site collection.
- Manage a workflow.
- Manage indexing and searching options.
- Enable offline work with SharePoint sites using SharePoint Workspace 2010.
- Manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration.
- Manage user access.
- Manage security options in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010.
- Manage site usage.
- Perform site maintenance.
Branding a Site Collection
- Describe the SharePoint Site Hierarchy
- Create a Custom Look and Feel for a Site Collection
- Create a Custom Site Layout
- Perform Calculations on List Data
- Create Custom Lists
- Customize List Settings
- Perform Advanced Operations on a Library
- Create a Library Template
- Describe Information Rights Management
Managing Form Libraries
- Create a Form Library
- Customize a Form Template Using InfoPath
Managing Content Structures
- Create a Content Type
- Apply Content Types
- Add a Default Workflow
- Create a Custom Workflow
Working with Indexing and Searching
- Index Content
- Enable Search Options
Working Offline Using SharePoint Workspace 2010
- Synchronize a SharePoint Site on the Local Computer
- Perform Offline Operations on a SharePoint Site
Managing the SharePoint Applications Using Central Administration
- Create a Site Collection
- Administer a Site Collection
- Administer a Web Application
Managing User Access
- Manage Permissions
- Describe Authentication Modes
Managing Site Security
- Set Web Part Security
- Set Antivirus Options
- Manage Blocked File Types
Managing Site Usage
- Set Site Collection Quotas and Locks
- Monitor Site Usage
Managing Site Maintenance
- Recover Lost Information
- Perform a Granular Backup
- Restore a Granular Backup
- Perform a Farm Backup
- Restore a Farm Backup