Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
10990 MOD: Analyzing Data with SQL Server Reporting Services (On Demand)
About this On Demand Course
The Microsoft on-demand product is an integrated on-line training experience that includes video, labs, exercises, text and knowledge checks. Attendees experience all of this through an on-demand course player.
- Access to the official Microsoft Video on Demand Course for 90 days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop when you need to.
- Lab access for 3 months from start of access.
- Mentoring Support (24/7 by chat, email or phone) for the duration of your subscription
The content is based on the same official courseware we use in our instructor-led training, and videos feature engaging experts hand-selected by Microsoft. Unlike other on-demand offerings that offer simulated labs, MOC On-Demand gives you a live, real-time environment for hands-on training.
About this course
This course teaches students how to implement a SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services solution for data analysis in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create and manage reports and implement self-service BI solutions.
The primary audience for this course is database professionals who need to fulfil a BI developer role to create reports. Primary responsibilities will include implementing reports and mobile reports.
The secondary audiences for this course are power information workers.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features of data modeling within business intelligence
- Describe various report services data sources and how these are configured
- Create reports with report designer and/or report designer
- Configure reports with report designer and/or report builder
- Create SQL Server mobile reports
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following course:
Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
In this module students will be introduced to the key concepts in business intelligence, and the Microsoft BI product suite.
- Introduction to business intelligence
- The Microsoft business intelligence platform
- Introduction to reporting services
Lab: Exploring an enterprise BI solution
Module 2: Reporting Services Data
Describe various Report Services data sources and how these are configured.
- Data sources
- Connection strings
- Filters and parameters
Lab: Configuring a data connection
Module 3: Implementing reports
Create reports with report designer or report builder.
- Creating a report with the report wizard
- Creating a report
- Showing data graphically in a report
Lab: Creating a report
Module 4: Configuring reports
This module describes how to configure reports with report builder or report designer.
- Implementing filters and parameters
- Implementing sorting and grouping
- Publishing a report
Lab: Create and Publish reports that include parameters
Module 5: Creating Mobile Reports
This module describes how to create SQL Server mobile reports.
- Overview of SQL Server mobile reports
- Preparing data for mobile reports
- SQL Server Mobile report publisher
Lab: Working with mobile reports