Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
10993 MOD: Integrating On-Premises Identity Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure (On Demand)
About this On Demand Course
The Microsoft on-demand product is an integrated on-line training experience that includes video, labs, exercises, text and knowledge checks. Attendees experience all of this through an on-demand course player.
- Access to the official Microsoft Video on Demand Course for 90 days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop when you need to.
- Lab access for 3 months from start of access.
- Mentoring Support (24/7 by chat, email or phone) for the duration of your subscription
The content is based on the same official courseware we use in our instructor-led training, and videos feature engaging experts hand-selected by Microsoft. Unlike other on-demand offerings that offer simulated labs, MOC On-Demand gives you a live, real-time environment for hands-on training.
About this course
This course teaches IT professionals how to integrate their on-premises AD DS environment with Azure AD and how to use Azure AD as a directory service. It also teaches candidates how to use Azure RMS to protect sensitive documents. Additionally, it focusses on how to enhance authentication with multi-factor authentication and how to monitor directory synchronization health.
The primary audience for this course is existing IT professionals who have some knowledge and experience with Azure, and advanced experience with the Windows Server operating system. In addition, IT professionals who take this course typically want to develop knowledge of identity services integration between on-premises services and cloud services. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in cloud identity and access technologies.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge, who are looking for more advanced identity training for Azure services.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic experience with cloud services such as Microsoft Office 365.
- Basic experience with the Azure platform.
- Basic experience with identities on premises or in cloud.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Compare Azure AD to AD DS, perform Azure AD tenant provisioning, and manage objects and user roles in Azure AD.
- Implement and configure directory synchronization and manage synchronized directories.
- Use Azure AD as a directory service for an on-premises environment, configure single sign-on (SSO) in Azure AD, and protect privileged identities.
- Implement multi-factor authentication.
- Implement Azure RMS and integrate Azure RMS with on-premises services.
- Configure alerts and monitor directory services infrastructure.
Module 1: Introducing Azure AD
This module describes the differences between Azure AD and AD DS, and the Azure AD versions. It also explains how to perform Azure AD tenant provisioning and how to manage objects and user roles in Azure AD.
- Azure AD overview
- Implementing and configuring Azure AD
- Managing Azure AD
Lab: Creating and managing an Azure AD tenant
- Activating Azure and Office 365 trial subscriptions
- Configuring an Azure AD tenant and objects in Azure AD
- Configuring user roles in Azure AD
Module 2: Integrating on-premises Active Directory with Azure
This module explains how to extend an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure, and how directory synchronization works. It also describes how to implement and configure directory synchronization. Additionally, this module describes how to manage synchronized directories.
- Extending an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure
- Directory synchronization overview
- Implementing and configuring directory synchronization
- Managing synchronized directories
Lab: Implementing directory synchronization
- Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Managing directory synchronization
Module 3: Using Azure AD as a directory service in hybrid environments
This module explains how to use Azure AD as a directory service for on-premises resources, and how to configure SSO in Azure AD. It also describes how to implement Azure AD Privileged Identity Management (PIM).
- Azure AD as a directory service for on-premises environments
- Configuring SSO with Azure AD
- Implementing Azure AD PIM
Lab: Using Azure AD in hybrid environments
- Joining a Windows 10 computer to Azure AD
- Implementing SSO with Azure AD
- Configuring and using Azure AD PIM
Module 4: Configuring and protecting authentication in hybrid environments
This module explains how authentication works in hybrid environments. In addition, it describes how to implement Azure Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Authenticating users in hybrid environments
- Implementing multi-factor authentication
Lab: Configuring authentication in hybrid environments
- Implementing user password reset policy
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication Server on premises
Module 5: Deploying Azure RMS with on-premises services
This module provides an overview of rights management, and describes the differences between Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) and Azure RMS. It also explains how to implement Azure RMS and integrate it with on-premises services.
- RMS overview
- Implementing Azure RMS
- Integrating Azure RMS with on-premises services
Lab: Implementing Azure RMS
- Enabling and configuring Azure RMS
- Integrating Azure RMS with FCI
- Using the RMS sharing application on a client
Module 6: Monitoring Azure AD
This module describes how to use Azure AD reporting, and how to configure Azure AD notifications. It also describes how to monitor AD DS and Azure AD by using Azure AD Connect Health and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
- Azure AD reporting
- Monitoring Azure AD
Lab: Configuring reporting and monitoring
- Configuring Azure AD reports and notifications
- Configuring Azure AD monitoring