Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
PRJ10INT: Microsoft Project 2010 – Level 1 / Intro
Duration: 2 days
You will create and manage a project schedule using Microsoft® Project 2010.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage those project plans.
Students enrolling in this class should have the following:
- A general introductory-level understanding of project management concepts
- Basic end-user skills with any current Windows operating system.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic features and components of the Microsoft Project environment.
- Create a new project plan file and enter project information.
- Manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships.
- Manage resources for a project.
- Finalize a project plan.
Overview of Managing with Project
- Understanding Project Management Concepts
- Application and Project Windows
- Creating and Saving Project
- Opening and Closing Projects
- Creating a New Project & prepare it for data entry
- Enter project tasks
- Sequence the tasks
- Define Resources
- Estimate task duration and assign resources
- Baseline the project
- Track the project
Creating a Project Plan
- Project Information
- Creating Task Lists
- Editing Task Lists
- Outlining Task Lists
- Task Dependencies
- Modifying Task Dependencies
- Task Information
Managing Resources and Costs in a Project
- Project Resources
- Resource Assignment Concepts
- Assigning Resources
- Working with Project Calendars
- Working with Resource Calendars
- Working with Task Calendars
- Entering Project Costs
Printing Project Information
- Page Setup Options
- Previewing Views and Reports
- Printing Project Information