Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
EXCL1: Microsoft Excel – Level 1 / Intro (2010, 2013, 2016)
Duration: 1 day
Students will gain the knowledge the skills and the confidence to create, format, enhance and print simple spreadsheets.
The prerequisites for this course are an introductory course to Windows or a solid working knowledge of Windows.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to create and develop Excel worksheets and workbooks in order to work with and analyze the data that is critical to the success of your organization. You will:
- Get started with Microsoft Office Excel.
- Perform calculations.
- Modify a worksheet.
- Format a worksheet.
- Print workbooks.
- Manage workbooks.
This course is intended for students who wish to gain the foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Excel that is necessary to create and work with electronic spreadsheets.
Create, Open and Save Workbooks
- What is Excel?
- Create a New Blank Workbook
- Create a Workbook From a Template
- Open Excel Files
- Get Help
- Save Workbooks
- Navigate a Workbook
Explore the User Interface
- Backstage View*
- Ribbon Overview
- Mini Toolbar
- Status Bar
- Shortcut Key Tips
- Contextual Tabs
Work with Data
- Enter, Edit and Delete Data
- Data Selection Methods
- Use Autofill and Autocomplete
- Cut, Copy, Paste and Paste Special
- Resize Columns and Rows
- Insert and Delete Columns, Rows, Cells
- Use Undo, Redo and Repeat
- Spellcheck and AutoCorrect
- Use Find, Replace and Go To
- Use Basic Functions
- Use SmartTags and Options Buttons
- Add, Edit, and Remove Comments
Format A Workbook
- Format Using the Home Ribbon
- Format Using the Mini-Toolbar
- Format Using Dialog Boxes
- Use and Modify Conditional Formatting
- Use the Format Painter
- Create and Modify Styles
- Add, Name, Move, Delete and Colour Sheets
- Create and Format a Chart
- Modify Chart Layout and Structure
- Change Chart Types, Options, Location and
- Data Source
- Save a Chart as a Template
Printing and Viewing A Workbook
- Use the View Ribbon
- Split and Freeze
- Manage Multiple Windows
- Use Page Layout, Print Preview and Basic
- Print Options
- Add Headers and Footers
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Show/Hide the Ribbon
*2010 version only