Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
40367: Security Fundamentals (MTA)
This course is available for private training. If interested, please request a date or location.
About this Course
This three-day MTA Training course helps you prepare for Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-367, and build an understanding of these topics: Security Layers, Operating System Security, Network Security, Security Software. This course leverages the same content as found in the Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) for this exam.
The Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) is Microsoft’s newest suite of technology certification exams that validate fundamental knowledge needed to begin building a career using Microsoft technologies. This program provides an appropriate entry point to a future career in technology and assumes some hands-on experience or training but does not assume on-the-job experience.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand Security Layers
- Understand Operating System Security
- Understand Network Security
- Understand Security Software
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Module 1: Understanding Security Layers
- Security Fundamentals
- Physical Security as the First Line of Defense
- Core Security Principles
- Physical Security
Module 2: Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting.
- Rights and Permissions
- User Authentication
- Audit Policies
Module 3: Understanding Security Policies
- Using Password Policies to Enhance Security
Module 4: Understanding Network Security
- Using Dedicated Firewalls to Protect a Network
- Controlling Access with Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Using Isolation to Protect the Network
- Protecting Data with Protocol Security
- Securing a Wireless Network
- Network Isolation
- Protocol Security
- Wireless Security
Module 5: Protecting the Server and Client
- Protecting a Computer from Malware
- Protecting the Client Computer
- Protecting E-Mail
- Protecting a Server
- Securing Internet Explorer