Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
10174: Configuring and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2010
About this Course
This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to install, configure, and administer Microsoft SharePoint and also how to manage and monitor sites and users by using Microsoft SharePoint 2010. It will also cover the new features and functionality introduced with SharePoint 2010 Sp1 as well as Offices 365’s SharePoint Online.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2003 or 2008 administrators and are interested in learning how to administer SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint Online. The course is also intended for part-time Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in administering Line of Business (LOB) applications in conjunction with internal business customers.
It also directly supports exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring and students wishing to achieve that certification would also be interested in taking this course.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Administering Active Directory by creating and managing user and group accounts, delegation of administration, and configuring Group Policy
- Administering network infrastructure-DNS and TCP/IP connectivity
- General conceptual awareness of Microsoft .NET Framework as it relates to SharePoint 2010
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 through creating logons, assigning roles and using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- One year’s experience using Windows PowerShell cmdlets
- General security and authentication practices
This course is part of the ctc TrainCanada Certification Train Track Program. Get prepared for Exam 70-667, TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring with course 10174A: Configuring and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2010. Passing Exam 70-667, TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring completes the requirements for certification as a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: SharePoint 2010, Configuration, beginning your journey through the Microsoft Certification Program. These certifications are designed to provide the recognition you need to help you advance in your career and provide employers validation of your I.T. knowledge.
Module 1: Introducing Microsoft SharePoint 2010
This module provides an overview of SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online. It will prepare students for the installation of the first server in a SharePoint 2010 farm and give details on SharePoint 2010 Sp1 and SharePoint Online.
- Evaluating the Features of Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Preparing for SharePoint 2010
- Installing SharePoint 2010
- Advanced Installation of SharePoint 2010
Lab : Installing SharePoint 2010
Module 2: Creating a SharePoint 2010 Intranet
This module covers creating a SharePoint 2010 Intranet and shows students how to configure and administer the fundamental components of a SharePoint farm, including its configuration, logical structure, user-facing features, and underlying engine.
- Performing Initial Farm Configuration
- Configuring the SharePoint Logical Structure
- Exploring the SharePoint Web Application and Physical Architecture
Lab : Creating a SharePoint 2010 Intranet
Module 3: Administering and Automating SharePoint
This module covers Administering and Automating SharePoint. It covers how to apply the full range of options for administering and automating SharePoint-Central Administration, STSADM, and PowerShell. The module also introduces students to the logs.
- Configuring Central Administration
- Administering SharePoint from the Command Line
- Automating SharePoint Operations with Windows PowerShell
Lab : Automating SharePoint with Windows PowerShell
Module 4: Configuring Content Management
This module covers Configuring Content Management. It explains to students how to manage content (lists, libraries, items and documents).
- Optimizing Content Storage and Access
- Managing Site Content Types and Site Columns
- Configuring the Managed Metadata Service
Lab : Lab A: Configuring List Throttling and Remote BLOB Storage
Lab : Lab B: Configuring Managed Metadata
Module 5: Configuring Authentication
This module describes the process of how to administer authentication to SharePoint Web applications.
- Understanding Classic SharePoint Authentication Providers
- Understanding Federated Authentication
Lab : Lab A: Configuring Custom Authentication
Lab : Lab B: Configuring Secure Store
Module 6: Securing Content
This module details how to manage security of SharePoint content within a Web application.
- Administering SharePoint Groups
- Implementing SharePoint Roles and Role Assignments
- Securing and Auditing SharePoint Content
- Configuring Security for SharePoint Content
Lab : Configuring Security for SharePoint Content
Module 7: Managing SharePoint Customizations
This module enables students to manage customizations to the SharePoint environment.
- Customizing Microsoft SharePoint
- Deploying and Managing Features and Solutions
- Configuring Sandboxed Solutions
Lab : Lab A: Administering Features and Solutions
Lab : Lab B: Administering Sandboxed Solutions
Module 8: Configuring and Securing SharePoint Services and Service Applications
This module shows students how to manage the SharePoint service as a whole, as well as individual services and service applications.
- Securing the Enterprise SharePoint Service
- Securing and Isolating Web Applications
- Services and Service Applications
Lab : Lab A: Administering SharePoint Services
Lab : Lab B: Configuring Application Security
Lab : Lab C: Configuring Service Applications
Module 9: User Profiles and Social Networking
This module describes how to manage user profiles, My Sites, and social content.
- Configuring User Profiles
- Implementing SharePoint 2010 Social Networking Features
Lab : Lab A: Configuring User Profiles
Lab : Lab B: Administering My Sites
Module 10: Administering and Configuring SharePoint Search
This module discusses how to administer and configure SharePoint Search.
- Configuring Search
- Refining Search
Lab : Lab A: Configuring Search
Lab : Lab B: Tuning SharePoint Search
Module 11: Implementing Productivity Service Applications
This module enables students to configure specific service applications.
- Implementing Business Connectivity Services
- Configuring Excel Services
- Understanding PerformancePoint Services
- Implementing InfoPath Forms Services
- Implementing Visio Services Features
- Implementing Access Services
- Implementing Office Web Apps
Lab : Implementing Office Web Apps
Module 12: Installing and Upgrading to SharePoint 2010
This module teaches students how to install and upgrade to SharePoint 2010 in a variety of scenarios, and to keep SharePoint 2010 current.
- Installing SharePoint Servers and Farms
- Upgrading to SharePoint 2010
- Evaluating Installations and Upgrades
- Configuring SharePoint Operational Settings
- Updating SharePoint
Lab : Lab A: Preparing SharePoint 2007 for Upgrade to SharePoint 2010
Lab : Lab B: Upgrading SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010
Module 13: Implementing Business Continuity
This module enables students to configure business continuity for SharePoint.
- Protecting and Recovering Content
- Working with Backup and Restore for Disaster Recovery
- Implementing High Availability Solutions
Lab : Lab A: Implementing a Backup Strategy
Lab : Lab B: Implementing a Restore Strategy
Module 14: Monitoring and Optimizing SharePoint Performance
This module shows students how to monitor SharePoint performance, health, and usage, and to identify and remediate performance and health problems.
- Monitoring Logs
- Configuring SharePoint Health Analyzer
- Configuring Usage Reports and Web Analytics
- Monitoring and Optimizing SharePoint Performance
Lab : Lab A: Configuring SharePoint Monitoring
Lab : Lab B: Analyzing SharePoint Health
Lab : Lab C: Reporting SharePoint Usage
Module 15: SharePoint Online and Office 365
This module covers implementing sand administering Office 365 and SharePoint Online.
- Introducing Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Setting Up Office 365
- Administering SharePoint Online