Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
SQL: Advanced Querying – Comprehensive
Duration: 1 day
You will work with advanced queries to manipulate and index tables. You will also create transactions so that you can choose to save or cancel data entry process.
Students should have basic computer skills, SQL skills, and be familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first takeSQL: Fundamentals of Querying
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use subqueries to generate query output.
- Manipulate table data by inserting and updating records in a table and deleting records from a table.
- Manipulate the table structure.
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- Create indices on table columns and drop inefficient indices.
- Mark the beginning of a transaction, create a savepoint within a transaction, rollback a transaction, and commit a transaction.
Using Subqueries to Perform Advanced Querying
- Search Based on Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
Manipulating Table Data
- Insert Data
- Modify and Delete Data
Manipulating the Table Structure
- Create a Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Add and Drop Table Columns
- Add and Drop Constraints
- Modify the Column Definition
- Back Up Tables
- Delete Tables
Working with Views
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Create Aliases
- Modify and Drop Views
- Create Indices
- Drop Indices
- Create Transactions
- Commit Transactions