Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
AWS01: Technical Essentials with AWS
Please note the following instructor led classes are scheduled ONLY in the cities below:
- 4/24/2017 Vancouver, GTR
- 5/15/2017 Toronto
- 5/29/2017 Vancouver
- 6/05/2017 Toronto
- 6/19/2017 Toronto
- 7/11/2017 Calgary
- 7/18/2017 Vancouver
- 7/25/2017 Toronto
- 8/15/2017 Ottawa
- 8/29/2017 Toronto
- 9/12/2017 Montreal
- 9/12/2017 Vancouver
- 9/19/2017 Toronto
About this course
AWS Technical Essentials introduces you to AWS products, services, and common solutions. It provides you with fundamentals to become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements and get started working on AWS.
This course teaches you how to:
- Understand basic data center design concepts.
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console.
- Understand the foundational infrastructure services, including Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing (ELB).
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Understand AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Understand AWS management tools, including Amazon CloudWatch and AWS Trusted Advisor.
Who Can Benefit
This course is intended for:
- Individuals responsible for articulating the technical benefits of AWS services to customers
- Individuals interested in learning how to get started with using AWS
- SysOps administrators, Solution Architects and developers interested in using AWS services
This course is delivered through a mix of instructor-led training (ILT) and hands-on labs.
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction and History of AWS
- AWS Infrastructure: Compute, Storage, and Networking
- AWS Security, Identity, and Access Management
- AWS Databases
- AWS Management Tools