Jump to Shopping Cart Continue shopping
AWS04: Architecting on AWS
We now have AWS events scheduled in Eastern & Western Canadian time zones. Select your location in the sidebar to find dates in your city.
Now with virtual delivery also available, attending an AWS course is more convenient than ever.
Architecting on AWS covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS. The course is designed to teach solutions architects how to optimize the use of the AWS cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions. Because architectural solutions may differ depending on industry, type of applications, and size of business, this course emphasizes AWS cloud best practices and recommended design patterns to help students think through the process of architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS. It also presents case studies throughout the course that showcase how some AWS customers have designed their infrastructures and the strategies and services they implemented. Opportunities to build a variety of infrastructures via a guided, hands-on approach are also provided.
Attention: This session requires participants to bring their own laptop.
Laptop Requirements: Must be able to connect (hardwired) to the internet and use a browser.
This course teaches you how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on the AWS-recommended architectural principles and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient in order to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Who Can Benefit
This course is intended for:
- Solutions Architects
- Solution Design Engineers
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-led Training (ILT)
- Hands-on Labs
- Core AWS Knowledge
- Designing Your Environment
- Making Your Environment Highly Available
- Forklifting an Existing Application onto AWS
- Event-Driven Scaling
- Automating and Decoupling Your Infrastructure
- Designing Storage at Scale
- Hosting a New Web Application on AWS
- The Four Pillars of the Well-Architected Framework
- Disaster Recovery and Failover Strategies
- Troubleshooting Your Environment
- Large-Scale Design Patterns and Case Studies