First Look IT Camps
First Look IT Camps are hands on, deeply technical, day long training sessions that focus on scenario or lab based learning. They are led by Microsoft experts, centered on the IT challenges you’re tackling in your environment today.
Examples of What Attendees Will Experience at Microsoft First Look IT Camps
- Participate in hands-on demos and interactive discussions on a variety of topics for Windows Server 2012 including Server Virtualization, Storage, Networking, Server Management, Automation, and much more.
The IT Professionals who will gain the most value from First Look IT Camps are those who implement infrastructure on a daily basis, and who are responsible for implementing an organizations’ cloud strategy, virtualization and server management plans.
Hands-on demos and interactive discussions will cover a variety of topics including Server Virtualization, Storage, Networking, Server Management and Automation, Identity and Access, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and Web and App Platform.
Get ready for this IT Camp by visiting the Windows Server 2012 Evaluation Center and download the free 180 day trial, with no feature limits.
- Administering Servers with Server Manager
- Adding and Removing Roles and Features
- Using Windows PowerShell in Windows Server 2012 and Windows PowerShell ISE
- Removing and Restoring the Graphical Interface
- Active Directory Recycle Bin
- Deploying Domain Controllers
- Improvements to Domain Controller Virtualization
- Group Managed Service Accounts
- Introduction to Dynamic Access Control
- What are Identity, Claims, and Central Access Policy?
- Overview of How to Implement Dynamic Access Control
Module 2: Storage and Networking in Windows Server 2012
- New Storage Features in Windows Server 2012
- Storage Spaces
- What is SMB 3.0?
- iSCSI Target
- Data Deduplication
- BranchCache Improvements
- Windows Azure Online Backup
- What Is DirectAccess?
- Improved Management
- Simplified Deployment
- Performance and Scalability Improvements
- New Deployment Scenarios
Module 3: Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Networking Changes
- DNSSEC Improvements
- DHCP Improvements
- Configuring DHCP Failover
- Data Center Bridging
- NIC Improvements
- IPAM Functions and Architecture
- Address Space Management
- Features of VHDX File Format
- Hyper-V over SMB
- Offloaded Data Transfer
- Choosing Between Host and Guest Clustering
- What Is New in Failover Clustering?
- VM Monitoring
- Options for Virtual Machine Migration
- How Does Virtual Machine and Storage Migration Work?
- How Live Migration Works
- Implementing Live Migration
- Overview of Hyper-V Replica
- How to Configure Hyper-V Replica
IT Camp class schedule in Calgary
IT Camp class schedule in Edmonton
IT Camp class schedule in Mississauga
IT Camp class schedule in Ottawa
IT Camp class schedule in Toronto
IT Camp class schedule in Vancouver
IT Camp class schedule in Montreal
IT Camp class schedule in Quebec City
Please note that by enrolling into this course, you agree to have your contact/registration details shared with Microsoft Canada and/or an associated Microsoft partner.